At The Airport
COVID-19 Testing facility details:
- Location - Thermal screening is located at international arrival concourse, in the pre-immigration area. In addition, RTPCR counters located after Customs at International arrivals
- Number of Registration Counters – 02 Nos.
- Number of sampling booths – 02 Nos
- Name of Designated COVID 19 testing Laboratory – Northstar Pathology Labs (NABL accredited lab)
- Sample processing Capacity of the lab / 24hr - 500 samples / 24hr
- In view of the guidelines published by DO Letter to Secretary dated 22d Dec’22 there has to be strict compliance of COVID-19 protocols at Airport and Inside the aircraft. Passengers must wear a facemask at all times during the travel.
- Frequent announcements are made to ensure that passengers are wearing facemask and following COVID protocols.
- Self- Mask Vending Machines Also Placed at Terminals.
Frequent sanitization is being carried out across the terminal. In addition, sanitizer dispensers are placed at prominent locations in the terminal.
- Please note in case the passenger violates COVID protocols or refuses to wear mask even after repeated warnings,
- Passenger without a facemask will not be permitted to enter the terminal. CISF personnel deployed at the entrance of the Airport will ensure that no one is allowed to enter the Airport without wearing a mask.
- At the airport, he/ she can be fined as per the State Law and he/ she may be handed over to Security Agencies for dealing with the matter as per the applicable law on the subject.
- Before departure- He/ she can be deboarded.
- During the course of the flight such passenger may be treated as “Unruly Passenger” and procedure in respect of handling such unruly passenger shall be followed by the concerned airline.
- Passengers are advised to wear facemask properly and continue to wear the mask throughout the journey inside the aircraft.
There are 02 Terminals -
- Terminal 1 – Domestic airport
- Terminal 2 – International Airport
Please arrive at least 2 hours prior to departure of your domestic flights and 3 hours prior to departure for your international flights.
In the Airport terminal there is an Airport Wi-Fi network that gives you access to the Internet free for 30 minutes. It requires a valid Indian mobile number to access it. You can also buy Wi-Fi network for high speed after your free access is over at a minimal cost.
Yes, Smoking facilities are made available inside both the terminal at the designated areas.
Both Terminals are open 24x7.
If you lose something on board the aircraft, in the terminal or in the airline coaches, then please complete the service form on lost and found page on the website or contact lost & found centre located at the terminal.
If you find something, you can handover it to the employees at the Lost and Found counter. You will find the counter at the arrivals level or at the departure level.
Yes, there is currency exchange counters at the Airport now.
Yes, ATM facility is available, but located outside the Terminals.
Parent or Guardian of the child traveling alone need to contact the respective airline for the completion of certain formalities before check-in. A prescribed process is laid down for Unaccompanied Minor (UNMR) OR young passenger (YP) by the Airlines
An unaccompanied minor is defined as a child between the age of 5 and 12 without the presence of a legal guardian or parent. This term is used in immigration law and in airline policies. The YP or Young passenger is defined as a child between the age of 12 and who have not completed the age of 17.
An unaccompanied minor is a child without the presence of a legal guardian. This term is used in immigration law and in airline policies. The specific definition varies from country to country and from airline to airline. Please check with the airline for further information
Yes, there are Baby care rooms available at the Airport equipped with changing facilities and other basic hygiene amenities.
Yes, Airport offers barrier free access for passengers. There are reserved parking slots, ramps & special rest rooms for passengers with special needs. In addition, wheelchairs are available at the departure ramp of the airport. Customer Service Executives at the airport assist and guide you during the journey. For further assistance, you are requested to contact your respective airline or the Airport Terminal Managers.
In most cases it is safe for women, with a normal pregnancy, to travel by air. However, a fitness certificate (certifying that the pregnant lady is fit to travel by Air) is required by the concerned doctor. Women above 32 weeks pregnancy are not allowed to travel by air. For further information please contact your respective airline.
Passengers holding a valid ticket to travel within the next 24 hours can access the visitors lounge at the Terminal. Please note that visitor entry to terminals and lounges may be restricted without prior notice due to security or operational reasons.
Yes, all international departing passengers and International arriving passengers can buy from the Duty free shops. However, there are restrictions on purchases for Cigarettes and Alcohol. The duty free personnel will be able to assist the queries pertaining to the restrictions.
Medicines in limited quantities which are necessary or appropriate for the passenger during the journey, may be carried. For larger quantities a doctor’s prescription is mandatory. Please get in touch with the respective airline for more information.
Please Email your Feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also share your feedbacks via – facebook, airsewa app etc.
At present we do NOT have any Cloak Room/Left Luggage Room Facility at SVPI Airport.
You can only take small quantities of liquids in your hand luggage. There is a total ban on hazardous substances. Each airline has a definite guideline with regards to baggage. Kindly contact your airline for all questions related to carry on and or check in baggage.
Yes, there are multiple shops available at the Airport where you can buy bags and suitcases.
You can take up to 15kg of checking bag without any extra charge. Each airline has a defined guideline with regards to baggage. Kindly contact your airline for all questions related to carry on and or check in baggage.
Most airlines allow passengers with disabilities to take their wheelchairs with them. However, you should inform the airline about this when you book your ticket. If you have a battery-powered wheelchair, the battery must be disconnected, and the battery terminals prevented from short-circuiting when you check the wheelchair in. You should report first of all to the check-in desk at the airport.
Getting to and From Airport
At present there is NO public transport available for the Airport from the city, however the airport is well connected with Prepaid Taxi Service, OLA & UBER and Auto services.
The drop and pickup zone are available in front of the terminal on the departure as well as arrivals. These can be used to pick up or drop off passengers free of charge. However, there is a charge for parking the vehicle in the parking zone.
Car Rentals Taxis and Parking
You could use any of the following options:
- Hire a car from the car rental counters
- Public bus service
- Prepaid Taxis.
The Cars can be pre-booked through the App based Cab operators and other facilities available at the airport.
You can't reserve a parking space, but the Airport offers a car park guarantee for the lowest-priced car parks.
You can use any kind of digital payments as well as cash payments.
Yes, you will get a parking receipt when you park your vehicle.
Travelling With Children
Currently baby care rooms are available at Boarding Hall first floor of T1 and T2 ,and Arrival Ground floor at T1
The minimum age for children travelling alone varies between 5 and 16, depending on the airline. Please get in touch with the airline for more information.
You can take medicines and special food, such as baby food, which you will need during the flight, in your hand luggage. You may have to provide accompanying documentation.
- Anyone who would like to enter the secure area must go through a security check. This means that pregnant women also have to pass through the scanner at the security check.
- The following is information on the pass-through metal detectors: The metal detectors generate a low-frequency magnetic field to detect metal. The electromagnetic field that is generated is comparable to common household devices or other electronic devices.
- The radiation is harmless