Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (SVPIA)
(IATA: AMD, ICAO: VAAH) is an international airport serving the cities of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar in Gujarat, India. The airport is located in Hansol, 9 km (5.6 mi) north of central Ahmedabad. It is named after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the 1st Deputy Prime Minister of India.
Ahmedabad airport has international cargo which comprises of cold chain pharma, Perishable like Sea food and fruits & vegetable etc. and also industrial products like machinery and brass items. Further there is lot of valuable moment of Gold/silver. Fabric has huge exports and also readymade cloth market has moments. Further many international airlines like Emirates, Qatar airways, Etihad airways, Singapore airlines and other gulf carriers do operate. Even freighter are operating from Ahmedabad.
- Separate Warehouse space for Export - Import cargo
- Custom office with dedicated custom team and banking facilities within the premises
- Bonded trucking facilities
- Hydraulic Pallet trucks
- Temperature controlled Cold storage to cater perishable cargo business
- Strong Rooms for Valuable cargo
- Post Office Mail and Courier Handling
- Palletization and shrink rapping
- X-ray screening facility
- Presence of customs, etc.
- Sufficient parking and staging area for trucks, trailers, reefer/refrigerated trucks