Digi Yatra aims at creating a delightful and memorable digital travel experience. It is a fully biometric-based self-boarding solution for a seamless flow, from registration to boarding. Passengers are required to enrol using their ID and biometric data, combined with their flight details, before entering the Terminal. As the passenger journeys through the airport, their travel documents will no longer be required, as they will be authenticated and verified at every touchpoint by state-of-the-art biometric technology. Currently, this process is applicable to all passengers travelling through select flights departing from Gate-1 of Domestic Terminal- 1.
Benefits of using DigiYatra
Faster entry, quick check-in, and boarding
Enjoy a paperless and seamless transit at the airport
Register once on Digi Yatra and use the app for all domestic & international flights
On the Day of Travel
Reach the Departure Gate-1 of Domestic Terminal-1, of SVPIA. Scan your face using the Digi Yatra Face Pod placed at the E-Gate.
Go through E-Gate Verification at the Face Pod in the Pre-Security Hold Area.
Self- boarding at all departure gates.
Frequently Asked Question
DigiYatra is an initiative of Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) & Digi Yatra Foundation. It allows for digital processing of passengers at an airport across various touchpoints. This technology provides a Biometric Enabled Seamless Travel (BEST) experience based on Facial Recognition System (FRS).
The DigiYatra App by Digi Yatra Foundation is presently available on Google Play Store (for the Android platform)and Apple Store.
The DigiYatra App has been launched for both android and IOS based mobile phones.
Domestic passengers flying on select flights from SVPIA, Terminal 1 can download the DigiYatra App by Digi Yatra Foundation and register for a seamless travel experience at the LBGIA.
DigiYatra technology facilitates passenger entry to the airport and the pre-security check area based on the Face Recognition System. This process significantly reduces processing time for passengers using DigiYatra.
The Digi Yatra facility enables passengers to link their travel and identity documents in advance, creating a facial scan that eliminates the need for them to show their boarding passes or identity cards upon arrival at the airport, during bag drop, or when proceeding for boarding.
To register on the DigiYatra application, please follow these steps:
- Download the DigiYatra App: Go to the Play Store (Android) and download the DigiYatra app.
- Registration: Register using your phone number with the OTP (One-Time Password) sent to your phone.
- Link Aadhaar Credentials: Link your Aadhaar credentials using Digi Locker.
- Digi Locker Registration: If you haven't already registered on Digi Locker with your Aadhaar, complete this step.
- Validate Identity: Take a selfie and validate it with your Aadhaar, then add necessary credentials.
- Vaccination Details (Optional): You can optionally add your vaccination details using the COWIN credentials, which include your phone number and OTP.
- Upload Boarding Pass: Before your flight, upload your boarding pass on the app. Ensure you have the boarding pass with you for scanning at the airport.
- Share Data: Share your credentials and boarding pass data with SVPIA (Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport) for confirmation.
By following these steps, you'll be successfully registered on the DigiYatra platform.
Upon arriving at the airport, please follow these steps:
- Terminal Entry: Proceed to Gate 1 for entry.
- Boarding Pass Scan: Have your boarding pass ready for scanning at Gate 1.
- Facial Recognition: Take a moment to carefully look into the Facial Recognition System (FRS) camera located at Gate 1.
- Validation: After the system validates your information, you will be granted entry into the airport.
Once you arrive at the security check touch point, you will have to once again look into the FRS (Facial Recognition System) camera installed. The system will validate your travel itinerary. Post validation, passengers will be allowed to proceed for security clearance for boarding the aircraft.
If you need help with the DigiYatra App registration process or your journey at the airport, there are Digi Buddy across touch points to assist. The Digi buddies would be wearing T-Shirts & cap with DIGI Yatra written on it.
You can avail a seamless travel experience via DigiYatra only if you are traveling domestically via Terminal 1, SVPIA.
Airport Digi Buddies are there to assist you at the airport in case of a failure in the bio metric verification process.
For a hassle-free travel experience, passengers are advised to carry a physical boarding pass when travelling through the airport. They can also use CUSS machines at the airport for printing boarding passes. Mobile boarding passes are also accepted, but physical boarding passes are recommended.
No, the Covid Vaccination Certificate is not a mandatory requirement for the DigiYatra process; however, we recommend that passengers follow the guidelines issued by the airlines and the Ministry of Health & Welfare.
No, the DigiYatra is only for Departing passengers at Terminal 1 of SVPIA.
No. Currently, passengers flying on select domestic sector flights departing from Terminal 1 of SVPIA have the privilege of availing the DigiYatra facility.