Adani Enterprises Consolidated EBIDTA rose 48% to Rs 10,188 crore for FY14
- Consolidated Total Income for Q4FY14 increased by 40% to Rs 16,171 crore vs Rs 11,513 crore in Q4FY13
- Consolidated EBIDTA for Q4FY14 increased by 122% to Rs 4,244 crore vs. Rs 1,908 crore in Q4FY13
- Consolidated PAT for Q4FY14 stood at Rs 2,848 crore
- Consolidated Total Income for FY14 increased to Rs 55,067 crore vs Rs 46,462 crore in FY13
- Consolidated EBIDTA for FY14 increase by 48% at Rs 10,188 crore vs Rs 6,897 crore in FY13
- Consolidated PAT for FY14stood at Rs 2,221 crore
Achieved Robust Volumes in Q4:
- 12.6 MMT in Coal Trading
- 28.9 MMT of Port cargo handled
- 11.8 bn Power units sold
- Adani Group Carmichael Coal Mine in Australia received Queensland Coordinator General’s environment approval for Mine and Rail Project
- Mundra Port crossed 100 MMT mark by handling 101.12 MMT cargo in FY 2013-14, the only Commercial port in India to achieve this milestone in a year and holds No 1 position amongst all commercial ports in terms of cargo handling
- Adani Ports won Ennore Container Terminal project, it will mark our foray into container business on east coast of India
- Adani Ports has executed a definitive agreement and acquired 100% stake in the Dhamra Port at enterprise value of Rs 5500 crs. Dhamra port is a deep draft, all weather multi-user port located on the East Coast of India in the state of Odisha
- Adani Power Maharashtra commissioned fourth unit of 660 MW. With this, Adani Power has a total commissioned capacity of 8580 MW, making it India’s largest private thermal power producer
- Adani Power received favourable orders from Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) and Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC) for compensatory tariff over and above PPA tariff
Ahmedabad, May 17, 2014: Adani Enterprises Ltd, the flagship company of the Adani Group, today announced its results for the fourth quarter and financial year ended March 31, 2014.
The consolidated Total Income for quarter increased by 40% to Rs 16,171 crore against Rs 11,513 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated EBIDTA increased by 122% to Rs 4,244 crore against Rs 1,908 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated PAT is Rs 2,848 crore.
The consolidated Total Income for the year increased to Rs 55,067 crore against Rs 46,462crorein the same period last year. The consolidated EBIDTA increased by 48% to Rs 10,188 crore against Rs 6,897 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated PAT stood at Rs 2,221 crore.
Our port and coal trading businesses continue to scale up steadily, however, compensatory tariff order, increased operational capacity and improved plant load factor in power business have resulted in robust performance.
Commenting on the results, Mr Gautam Adani, Chairman Adani Group, said, “It was an eventful year as Mundra Port became the first Indian Port to cross the 100 million ton mark and our efforts have made us the largest private power producer in India. With approval for Carmichael Coal Mine and Rail project, we continue our journey to help the nation achieve energy security.”
Mr Ameet Desai, CFO of Adani Group, said, “Our port, power and coal trading businesses have demonstrated excellent growth in volume and profitability. We are confident that our focused efforts will lead to stronger operational and financial performance to bring value to our stakeholders.”
1. Coal Mining
In its MDO (Mine Development & Operations) business, the company is scaling up its operations andsupplied1MMT of coal in FY14 from ParsaKente block in Chhattisgarh.
The Queensland Coordinator General approved environmental impact statement for the Carmichael Coal Mine and Rail Project in Australia. The company completed extensive exploration program and the Carmichael coal mine now has JORC compliant coal resource of 11.04 billion tonnes, with 7.22 billion tonnes in measured and indicated category. The company is progressing well with the bankable feasibility study of the project.
Mundra Port handled highest Coal volume of 36.21 MMT during FY 2013-14 surpassing Paradip Port 32.07 MMT. It also handled deepest draft vessel at CT3 (MSC Susanna, a 336 meter vessel with a draft of 15.30 meter on 22nd March’14 – National record).
The port at Dahej continues to perform very well. It handled cargo of 7.89 MMT in the year FY14, a rise of 4% as compared to 7.56 MMT in corresponding period previous year.
The port at Hazira handled a cargo of 0.94 MMT in Q4FY14 and 3.73 MMT in the year FY14.
The coal terminal at Visakhapatnam port was completed 8 months ahead of schedule. This marks entry of Adani Ports on the east coast of India. The coal terminal at Murmugao is also completed.
Project execution of Tuna Tekra at Kandla is as per the schedule. The company has also signed the concession agreement with Ennore Port Ltd. (now changed to Kamarajan Port Ltd.).
3. Power Generation& Transmission
The company expects to achieve thermal power generation capacity of 9,240 MW very soon.