Adani Enterprises Consolidated EBIDTA rose 19% to Rs 5,944 crore for 9MFY14
- Consolidated Total Income for Q3FY14 increase to Rs 13,747 crore vs Rs 13,649 crore in Q3FY13
- Consolidated EBIDTA for Q3FY14 is Rs 2,111 crore vs. Rs 2,106 crore in Q3FY13
- Consolidated PAT for Q3FY14 stood at Rs 68 crore
- Consolidated Total Income for 9MFY14 increase by 11% at Rs 38,896 crore vs Rs 34,950 crore in 9MFY13
- Consolidated EBIDTA for 9MFY14 increase by 19% at Rs 5,944 crore vs Rs 4,990 crore in 9MFY13
- Consolidated Net loss for 9MFY14 at Rs 627 crore
Achieved Robust Volumes in Q3:
- 10.5 MMT in Coal Trading
- 29.1 MMT of Port cargo handled
- 11.2 bn Power units sold
- Mundra Port continues to be No. 1 Commercial Port of India handling 74.73 MMT of Cargo during 9MFY14
- Adani Ports signed MOU with Belgian Port of Zeebrugge, to act as a strategic entry port for the lucrative European market
- Adani Ports completed coal terminal at Visakhapatnam Port 8 months ahead of schedule
- Adani Ports commenced liquid cargo operations at Hazira Port
- Adani Power Rajasthan commissioned second unit of 660 MW, thus completing its 1320 MW power project in Kawai. With this, Adani Power has a total commissioned capacity of 7920 MW, making it India’s largest private thermal power producer
- Adani Power set a record in power generation achieving highest generation of 4,644 MW at its state-of-the-art 4620 MW Mundra plant
- Adani Power Maharashtra and Adani Power Rajasthan signed MoU with Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd for supply of domestic thermal coal of 3.4 MMT each. With this, the company currently has 18.6 MMT of domestic coal availability for Mundra, Tiroda and Kawai Power Projects
Ahmedabad, January 31, 2014: Adani Enterprises Ltd, the flagship company of the Adani Group, today announced its results for the third quarter and nine months ended December 31, 2013.
The consolidated Total Income for quarter increased to Rs 13,747 crore against Rs 13,649 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated EBIDTA stood at Rs 2,111 crore against Rs 2,106 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated PAT is Rs 68 crore.
The consolidated Total Income for nine months increased by 11% to Rs 38,896 crore against Rs 34,950 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated EBIDTA increased by 19% to Rs 5,944 crore against Rs 4,990 crore in the same period last year. The consolidated net loss stood at Rs 627 crore.
Our port and coal trading businesses continue to grow on a steady basis, whereas our performance was affected by non-availability of domestic coal and delay in compensatory tariff in our power business.
Commenting on the results, Mr Gautam Adani, Chairman Adani Group, said, “Our integrated business model of Resources, Logistics & Energy has an in-built resilience & adaptability. This was tested & validated over the last two years wherein the Power Business part of the model was nurtured & supported within the value chain. In the ensuing quarters, we will enjoy these synergy benefits as we see marked improvement in power business on account of tariff revisions, full availability of plant capacity and better business & growth environment.”
Mr Devang Desai, CFO Adani Group and Executive Director, Adani Enterprises, said, “Our overall improved quarterly performance has set the direction for ensuing quarters as we see greater contribution from the power business. We continue to focus on operating cost reductions & revenue enhancements and closely nurture the capital spends in all our businesses.”
1. Coal Trading & Mining
In its MDO (Mine Development & Operations) business, the company is in the process of scaling up its operations and sold 6.1 lac MT of coal in 9MFY14 from Parsa Kente block in Chhattisgarh.
The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and other approvals for the Carmichael Coal Mine and Rail Project in Australia are progressing well and expected by Q2 CY14. The Company has completed detailed mine plan for the open cut pits and is currently conducting a contract mining tender.
Mundra Port handled highest Coal volume 27.09 MMT in 9MFY14. Mundra Port sets National record in container cargo history by handling 7,504 TEUs on MSC Antigua on 18th Nov 13 at Container Terminal 3.
Adani Ports won “Best Container Port of the Year” award on 16th Nov’13 by Daily Shipping at Gujarat Star Award, Ahmedabad
The port at Dahej continues to perform very well, handling a cargo of 6.38 MMT in nine months FY14, a rise of 15% as compared to 5.55 MMT in corresponding period previous year.
The port at Hazira handled a cargo of 0.95 MMT in Q3 FY14 and 2.79 MMT in nine months FY14, continuing its journey to be a large diversified port.
Project execution of ports at Goa is nearing completion and Tuna Tekra at Kandla is as per the schedule.
3. Power Generation & Transmission
The company expects to achieve thermal power generation capacity of 9,240 MW by FY14.