Adani Gas Ltd announces Q4 FY 2019 Result
Revenue from Operations increased 32% in FY 19 to ₹ 1,823 Cr vs ₹ 1,385 Cr in FY 18 Operating EBITDA also increased 25% in FY 19 to ₹ 455 Cr vs ₹ 365 Cr in FY 18
- During the year, the Company won 15 additional Geographical Areas (GA) in ninth and tenth rounds of bidding for developing CGD networks
- The Company, along with its joint venture with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), is now authorised to develop CGD networks in 38 GAs
- Along with its JV, the Company is now operational in 13 GAs
- Robust volume growth in FY 19 in existing GAs by 14% in PNG and 12% in CNG
- FY 19 Revenue from Operations increased 32% Y-o-Y to ₹1823 Cr vs. ₹1385 Cr*
- FY 19 Operating EBITDA has also increased by 25% Y-o-Y to ₹ 455 Cr vs. ₹ 365 Cr
- Board has recommended maiden dividend of 25% post listing to the shareholders
Q4 FY 2019
- Volume increase of 5% in PNG and 14% in CNG in Q4 FY 19 on Y-o-Y basis
- Q4 19 Revenue from Operations increased 25% Y-o-Y to ₹494 Cr vs. Q4 18 ₹395 Cr*
- Q4 19 Operating EBITDA has increased by 52% Y-o-Y to ₹ 140 Cr vs. Q4 18 ₹ 92 Cr
Ahmedabad, May 27, 2019: Adani Gas Limited (AGL), a part of the Adani Group, today announced its first annual result after listing for the year and quarter ended March 31, 2019.
The Company announced its listing on the stock exchanges on November 5, 2018 in a bid to become the largest city gas distribution (CGD) company in India and unlock its value for existing shareholders. As part of the listing process, AGL has allotted equity shares to existing shareholders of Adani Enterprises Limited in the ratio of 1:1.
Revenue from Operations increased 32% Y-o-Y to ₹1,823 Cr in FY 19 vs ₹1,385 Cr* in FY 18 on the back of strong volume growth in both PNG and CNG distribution. Our CNG volume has grown by 12% to 276 mmscm against 248 mmscm in comparative period. Our volume of PNG distribution has also increased by 14% to 264 mmscm vs 231 mmscm in comparative period. Our Operating EBITDA for FY 19 has increased by 25% Y-o-Y to ₹455 Cr vs ₹365 Cr last year.
On Q4 FY 19 basis also, AGL has delivered strong performance with Revenue increase of 24% Y-o-Y to ₹494 Cr vs ₹395 Cr* in Q4 FY 18. Our volumes growth during the quarter is 14% and 5% respectively in CNG and PNG respectively. Operating EBITDA for Q4 FY 19 has also witnessed strong growth of 52% Y-o-Y to ₹140 Cr vs Q4 FY 18 EBITDA of ₹92 Cr.
* As per Ind AS 103 “Business Combinations”, the previous period figures have been restated to include the effect of composite scheme of arrangement from April 1, 2017. Accordingly, revenue from operations for the year and quarter ended March 31, 2018 includes effect of restatement of ₹72 Cr in both the periods. Also, total income for the year and quarter ended March 31, 2018, is restated to include total income of ₹144 Cr and ₹97 Cr respectively. Profit before tax for these periods is also lower by ₹8 Cr and ₹1 Cr respectively.
Company recently won additional geographical areas (GA) in the ninth and tenth rounds of CGD bidding. With these wins, AGL is now authorised for 19 GAs and our joint venture with Indian Oil is now authorized for 19 GAs for natural gas network development and distribution, making us one of the leading CGD players in the country.
Mr. Gautam Adani, Chairman Adani Group said, “Adani Group’s progression in sectors critical to nation building which in consonance to the various initiatives undertaken by the Government of India is now visible and apparent to our stakeholders across the country. In the coming years, Adani Gas Ltd will aggressively focus on fulfilling our national energy imperatives and will succeed in transforming India to a gas based economy, consequently creating substantial value for our shareholders. As one of the biggest and most dense city gas distribution networks in the country, AGL is poised for to be part of a million growth stories and success stories from all over India”.
Suresh P Manglani, CEO, Adani Gas Ltd., said, “AGL in the fourth quarter of FY19 has performed well, having secured additional 2GAs in the 10th CGD round. Adani Gas is currently operating CGD network in 5 locations i.e. Ahmedabad, Baroda, Faridabad, Khurja & Palwal. Its joint venture with IOCL is currently running CGD networks at Prayagraj, Chandigarh, Panipat, Udham Singh Nagar, Daman, Dharwad, Ernakulam and Bulandshahr. With our growing footprint across the country, AGL is aiming to extend value to many and is taking yet another step towards India’s dream of embracing a better energy mix. We endeavor to utilize our decade-long CGD experience and expertise to be the largest CGD Company in India.”
About Adani Gas
Adani Gas Ltd is developing and operating City Gas Distribution (CGD) networks to supply Piped Natural Gas (PNG) to industrial, commercial and domestic (residential) customers and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) to the transport sector. Natural Gas is a convenient, reliable and environment friendly fuel that allows consumers to enjoy a high level of safety, convenience and economic efficiency. Headquartered in Ahmedabad, India, the company has already set up city gas distribution networks in Ahmedabad and Vadodara in Gujarat, Faridabad & Palwal in Haryana and Khurja in Uttar Pradesh. In addition, our joint venture company has already commenced its operations in the cities of Prayagraj, Chandigarh, Ernakulam, Panipat, Daman, Dharwad , Udhamsingh Nagar and Bulandsahar.